World Cup 2022: Which teams have qualified for the Qatar tournament
Qatar a well-known country is always in the news for playing an effective role in hosting events. A variety of countries are involved in the FIFA world cup 2022 and everyone is trying to make their mark. Qatar is also the host of this year’s FIFA world cup.
32 different teams have qualified and each of them is trying to do their best. Everyone is eagerly waiting for the event which will take place in November and December. Talking about Qatar itself it has become the first nation to qualify for the world cup 2022. It also hosts the event and has never qualified for the tournament.
- Germany: It is the second team to qualify for the tournament. Germany defeated North Macedonia in October 2021 and topped Group J.
- Denmark: Denmark has also qualified for World Cup after winning from Austria by 1-0 as Group F winners.
- Brazil: Brazil became the first South American nation to qualify for the Qatar tournament. The country defeated Colombia 1-0.
- Belgium: also qualified as Group E winners and on the very same day France was also confirmed as Group D winners.
- Croatia: qualified as winners of Group H while defeating Russia.
- England: qualified against San Marino on November 15 ensuring their status as a 10-0 victory. Moreover, Harry Kane scored four goals.
- The Netherlands: marked their name in Qatar on November 16 through a 2-0 win over Norway. There was a draw against Brazil due to which Argentina qualified.
Furthermore in the third round of Group A Iran and South Korea also qualified for 2022. Japan and Saudi Arabia were also victorious as the top two teams in Group B.
From CONCACAF Canada became the first team to book their seat in the finals. Ghana qualified with the Black stars making it to the world cup for the fourth time in history.
Teams that qualified in Play-offs
Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal are also bounded by the world cup after topping North Macedonia in their play-off clash. Poland also fastens their feet via a play taking down Sweden to earn a ticket to Qatar.
However, Tunisia and Morocco also topped Mali and DR Congo. Cameroon became the last-moment winner against Algeria as Karl Toko Ekambi scored in the 124rth minute to become a national hero.
Rivals Mexico and the United States booked their place in the final round of CONCACAF’s World Cup 2022 qualifiers. Wales reached their final world cup in 64 years after beating Ukraine 1-0 on June 5.
How many teams qualified for the world cup 2022
The total number of teams is 32 and 31 teams must qualify for the Qatar tournament with Qatar qualifying as a host. some teams qualified for play-offs while others make it up to the mark. Qatar was the only team to qualify as host. There were teams from all across the globe in the world cup.
There will also be a lot of competition between the teams. Moreover, there are also big names playing in the world cup like Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Robert Lewandoski, Maguire, Mbappe, Benzema, etc. Whereas Mohammad Salah, Halland, and some famous Italy players will be seen missing from the world cup this year. It will be a huge blow to their careers.
ALSO VISIT: Qatar FIFA 2022 jobs and Career Opportunities
Teams with Continents
AFC ( Asia ) consists of four to five teams competing in the world cup 2022 final.
CAF ( Africa ) with the allocation of five teams and CONCACAF ( North, Central America, and the Caribbean) consisting of three or four.
CONEMBOL ( South America ) has four or five teams competing in the world cup 2022.
UEFA ( Europe ) has the most teams able to qualify with 13 spots.
OFC ( Oceania) has zero or one spot.