MoPH has updated Covid-19 travel and return policy in Qatar
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPh) has revised the Covid-19 travel and return policy in Qatar. which will take effect on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at 2:00 p.m., the time of arrival in Qatar.
These improvements are intended to make the process of traveling and returning to Qatar easier. In light of the recent decline in Covid-19 virus cases, and with a complete commitment to all measures that will prevent and safeguard society from the virus’s threat.
According to the Ministry of Public Health, the travel and return policy is an important aspect of the State of Qatar’s plan to combat the Covid-19 virus, and its strict implementation has played a key role in keeping Covid-19 infection rates low in the country in recent months.
The following revisions have been made to the Covonavirus travel and return policy:
- Using indicators of international and local health concerns, replacing the current classification of countries with two new lists (green and red) and creating a secondary list that covers the exceptional red countries.
- Before arriving in the State of Qatar, all visitors must sign the (acknowledgment and undertaking) form, which will be available on the Ministry of Public Health’s official website, as well as the official website of the pre-registration platform (www.ehteraz.gov.qa). Additionally, there is a method for making airline reservations. Citizens and residents from one of the Green List countries who are completely immunized inside Qatar are exempt from this procedure.
- Citizens and residents of the State of Qatar who are fully vaccinated and going to Qatar from countries on the Green List are not needed to take a PCR test prior to departure but must do so within 36 hours of landing in the State of Qatar.
- Add the Sinovac vaccine and the Sputnik (V) vaccine to the list of vaccines with conditional authorization.
- Travelers arriving from abroad can use globally exported phone SIMs to activate the “Ehteraz” application upon arrival in Qatar, eliminating the requirement for a local SIM card.
- Persons who do not reside in Qatar must register through the pre-registration portal, which can be found at www.ehteraz.gov.qa, at least three (3) days prior to their arrival.